Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Families...



The inside of my shed is a coveted space I've learned this spring.

First signs where the newly build nests..... outside the shed as well as inside it.

first signs - outside
IMG_4472

Prime real estate, appearantly.
IMG_4493

IMG_4492

Then the nest contained 5 eggs, which all came out.

I have renters now.
10062011020

A family of "White Wagtails"


I have 7 little souls living in the shed now. I try to stay out of their way as much as possible.
Yesterday I needed a few hours though... they stay away as soon as I enter the allotment. Because I've stayed that long yesterday, they started to fly overhead and scream at me. I left ;-)

10062011019

From the car I could see them re-enter and feed their kids.

According to the wiki, they are territorial. I hope they come back next year.

1 comment:

  1. Hi dropping in from WOB Wednesday. Glad to find a fellow blogger who searches out joy in simple things.

    Mila from http://hereundertherainbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete