Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Long overdue

It's cold here this winter. As always, I have neglected to knit the appropriate clothing. So this sunday it was time for an emergency knit.
The wool was spun and plied and washed for a while now
Spunky Eclectic Blue Faced Leicester in the "Nova Scotia" colourway. Ravelrylink

IMG_2059

I have taken to wind the yarncakes twice. - not to reverse them, but to make a looser wind when I rewind from the inside out again.
IMG_2200

It leaves the yarn more relaxed and is easier to unwind from the middle while knitting.
IMG_2202

I've cast on for a version of the Chatty Bulky Mitts from Beth Aslakson Ravelrylink
I have worn my first version of those all last winter and this winter again - they're my favorites. Made from the yarn I've got from Sara in my first and last Swap- they keep reminding me of the kindness and giving nature of the yarnfolks.

Because it was an emergency knit, I've finished them last night as well.
IMG_2203

IMG_2205

Made to measure Harry's hands with a few additional row's as requested.
I hope they keep him warm for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment