Thursday, July 23, 2009

Allotment update.

I've spent a lovely afternoon in the allotment on tuesday.
The thing I can grow best are still thistles - to my great chagrijn! And then I've found this:



AMAZING!
I was not brave enough yet though....
July 21st

Plenty to choose from at this time of year anyway:

Shallots, given to be by a neighbor and pushed into the ground on may 9th:
July 21st

Pods, those rarely make it home though. I eat them fresh from the bush, cooked they lose much of their appeal to me:
July 21st

I was really late sowing these, they can go into the ground in february, it's even recommended because of lice liking them. I sowed early may, and haven't found a single black spot yet, maybe it's because I LOVE dill!
July 21st

July 21st
I let them bloom - and use the flowerheads and seeds in vinegar based recepies. Because there is plenty they will come back next year. I will not weed them as I love the smell of them if brushing against them.

My "saladbowl":
July 21st

The .... the... what ARE you calling these? It's a kind of pea... .Anyway, they need a few more day's
July 21st

So is the sweet corn.
July 21st


this will be an industrious evening again - as this was only the first load brought to the car:
July 21st

No comments:

Post a Comment